To freshman Estefania Morales, golf is more than just a game. From...
Bobcat Bullets: Men’s Basketball vs. American University
Updated: November 12, 2012
By Thomas Albanese, QBSN Staff Writer
- Quinnipiac won its first game of the season, 65-61 over Hartford in the Connecticut 6 Classic.
- American University is 0-1 after its opening 72-36 loss to Minnesota.
- This game will only be the second meeting all-time between the two schools. American defeated Quinnipiac back on Nov. 22, 2011 in Washington D.C., 74-73.
Scouting the Bobcats
- Quinnipiac will be looking for its first 2-0 start to a season since 2008-09
- Junior forward Ike Azotam and senior guard Garvey Young led the way for the Bobcats in their win over Hartford. Azotam earned 17 points, with nine rebounds, and two blocks. Young had 15 points to go along with eight rebounds and one assist in the game.
- The Bobcats will look to cut down the number of turnovers as they had 15 of them against Hartford.
- The team also hopes to have more offense by making shots behind the arc. The team shot only 22.2 percent (2-for-9) in its first game.
- Tom Moore is entering his sixth season as the Bobcat’s head coach. Including the team’s win over Hartford, Moore is just six wins away from 100 with Quinnipiac, as he currently owns a 94-65 record at the university.
Scouting the Eagles
- American University is coming off a strong 2011-12 season with a 20-12 record.
- Senior forward Steven Lumpkins was just short of a double-double in the team’s opening game, finishing with nine points and nine rebounds. Sophomore guard John Schoof also contributed eight points for the Eagles.
- Similar to the Bobcats, American wants to cut down on their 22 turnovers that they had versus Minnesota.
- Senior forward Daniel Fisher is one of American’s weapons off the bench. He shot 2-for-3 from the floor, with four points in 13 minutes of play.
- Head Coach Jeff Jones is entering his 13th season at American with a 202-163 record at American.