The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey schedule has been released, according to a...
Bobcat Bullets: Men’s Basketball vs. Lehigh University
By Tim Schulze, QBSN Staff Writer
- Quinnipiac suffered its third loss of the season against George Mason, 74-58, back on Nov. 19 during the Paradise Jam.
- Lehigh rides into Hamden on a three-game win-streak with victories against Fairfield, Penn, and Sacred Heart. Lehigh is 4-2 overall on the season.
- The two teams last met last season on Nov. 29, an 86-75 victory for the Mountain Hawks.
Scouting the Bobcats
- Following a week long break after going 1-2 in the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, the Bobcats look to break a two-game skid and pick up their third win of the season.
- Senior guard Dave Johnson led the Bobcats with 12 points, four rebounds, and three assists in the loss to George Mason. Sophomore guard Zaid Hearst joined Johnson in double-digit scoring with 11 points, while eight other Bobcats tallied points in the contest.
- Quinnipiac turned the ball over 15 times against George Mason, allowing 19 points off turnovers.
- The Bobcats will need to improve their field goal percentage against Lehigh, as the team only shot 35.3 percent from the field against George Mason.
- Tom Moore is currently in his sixth season as the Bobcat’s head coach, as he currently owns a 95-68 record at the university.
Scouting the Mountain Hawks
- Lehigh University is coming off a strong 2011-12 season with a 27-8 record, including an 11-3 mark in the Patriot League and an upset victory against Duke in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
- Senior guard C.J. McCollum comes into the contest off a strong contest against Sacred Heart with 26 points, three rebounds, four assists and a steal. McCollum averages 25.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and 3.0 apg.
- McCollum became the Patriot League’s all-time scorer following his performance against Sacred Heart, earning Patriot League Player of the Week.
- The Mountain Hawks were 12-22 from beyond the arc against Sacred Heart, shooting 54.5 percent from downtown.
- The Mountain Hawks are coached by Brett Reed. Reed is currently in his fifth season at Lehigh University as head coach.
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
So your team is in the national championship. Now what do you...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four