Quinnipiac Bobcats head coach Rand Pecknold pulled the goalie with a little...
Bobcat Bullets: Men’s Basketball vs. Lehigh University
By Tim Schulze, QBSN Staff Writer
- Quinnipiac suffered its third loss of the season against George Mason, 74-58, back on Nov. 19 during the Paradise Jam.
- Lehigh rides into Hamden on a three-game win-streak with victories against Fairfield, Penn, and Sacred Heart. Lehigh is 4-2 overall on the season.
- The two teams last met last season on Nov. 29, an 86-75 victory for the Mountain Hawks.
Scouting the Bobcats
- Following a week long break after going 1-2 in the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, the Bobcats look to break a two-game skid and pick up their third win of the season.
- Senior guard Dave Johnson led the Bobcats with 12 points, four rebounds, and three assists in the loss to George Mason. Sophomore guard Zaid Hearst joined Johnson in double-digit scoring with 11 points, while eight other Bobcats tallied points in the contest.
- Quinnipiac turned the ball over 15 times against George Mason, allowing 19 points off turnovers.
- The Bobcats will need to improve their field goal percentage against Lehigh, as the team only shot 35.3 percent from the field against George Mason.
- Tom Moore is currently in his sixth season as the Bobcat’s head coach, as he currently owns a 95-68 record at the university.
Scouting the Mountain Hawks
- Lehigh University is coming off a strong 2011-12 season with a 27-8 record, including an 11-3 mark in the Patriot League and an upset victory against Duke in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
- Senior guard C.J. McCollum comes into the contest off a strong contest against Sacred Heart with 26 points, three rebounds, four assists and a steal. McCollum averages 25.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and 3.0 apg.
- McCollum became the Patriot League’s all-time scorer following his performance against Sacred Heart, earning Patriot League Player of the Week.
- The Mountain Hawks were 12-22 from beyond the arc against Sacred Heart, shooting 54.5 percent from downtown.
- The Mountain Hawks are coached by Brett Reed. Reed is currently in his fifth season at Lehigh University as head coach.
As a goal scorer, a drought in the goal column can weigh...
BOSTON – With the lights on at Fenway Park and a steady...
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
By Brian Farrell, QBSN Staff Writer With a little less than 200...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four