The women’s golf team finished the two-day Quinnipiac Classic tournament at New...
Bobcat Bullets: Softball takes on FDU in doubleheader
By Rob Ciambra, QBSN Staff Writer
The Quinnipiac Bobcats’ softball squad is looking to extend its NEC winning streak to eight games in a doubleheader, starting at 1 p.m. at home on Saturday against Fairleigh Dickinson. The Bobcats have lost three non-conference games to Fairfield and Harvard on April 16 and 18, respectively. The FDU Knights are 17-16 coming into Saturday’s action. FDU’s pitching has a total season era of 2.52, so they will prove to be a tough match for the Bobcat batters.
Keys to the games
- Bobcat pitching has a 2.74 era against NEC opponents this year.
- Bobcats are batting .305 against NEC opponent.
- The stats show the Bobcats can give the Knights a tough ride during the two game Saturday, but it’s up to them to constantly swing the bat and put runners in scoring position as much as possible.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights:
- The Knights batting average against all opponents this year is .263.
- Madelaine Wilen has the hot bat right now, batting .324 this year.
- The Knights has good hitters in their lineup and can do some damage to the Bobcats if they take advantage of the few pitching mistake the Bobcats make.
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
So your team is in the national championship. Now what do you...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four