Dylan Fearon hosts this week’s “Bobcat Breakdown.” First, he talks with...
Bobcat Bullets: Softball takes on FDU in doubleheader
By Rob Ciambra, QBSN Staff Writer
The Quinnipiac Bobcats’ softball squad is looking to extend its NEC winning streak to eight games in a doubleheader, starting at 1 p.m. at home on Saturday against Fairleigh Dickinson. The Bobcats have lost three non-conference games to Fairfield and Harvard on April 16 and 18, respectively. The FDU Knights are 17-16 coming into Saturday’s action. FDU’s pitching has a total season era of 2.52, so they will prove to be a tough match for the Bobcat batters.
Keys to the games
- Bobcat pitching has a 2.74 era against NEC opponents this year.
- Bobcats are batting .305 against NEC opponent.
- The stats show the Bobcats can give the Knights a tough ride during the two game Saturday, but it’s up to them to constantly swing the bat and put runners in scoring position as much as possible.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights:
- The Knights batting average against all opponents this year is .263.
- Madelaine Wilen has the hot bat right now, batting .324 this year.
- The Knights has good hitters in their lineup and can do some damage to the Bobcats if they take advantage of the few pitching mistake the Bobcats make.