In just his second career start for Quinnipiac, freshman starting pitcher Brandon...
Bobcat Bullets: Men’s soccer to play St. Peter’s on Senior Day
By Connor Voss
Saturday’s MAAC men’s soccer conference game pits two teams on opposite sides of the conference standings against each other. The Quinnipiac Bobcats sit in second place, sporting a 5-1-1 MAAC record and a 7-4-4 record overall, while the St. Peter’s Peacocks sit in last place, at 1-4-2 in the MAAC and 3-8-4 overall.
While both teams have only three games remaining in the season, they have different outlooks for these last few games. The Bobcats, coming off of a 2-0 home win against Fairfield, look to continue their winning ways and bring some momentum into what should be a strong push into the MAAC Championship. The Peacocks, however, look to play spoiler, as their postseason hopes look bleak from the bottom of the conference.
Quinnipiac will honor the seniors in the final home game of the season with Senior Day festivities taking place before the game.
Keys for Quinnipiac
- Emotions will run high with the Senior Day ceremonies happening beforehand, and the Bobcats will have to keep their emotions in check.
- Continue scoring from different places. There have been a greater variety of scorers stepping up in recent games, and they need to keep getting the ball around.
- Keep their heads straight. St. Peter’s is a team that leaves a lot to be desired, and Quinnipiac does not want to be caught off guard in a game they think they should win.
Keys for St. Peter’s
- Score. It may seem very obvious, but the Peacocks have only scored 11 goals in the 15 games they played, so the offensive players need to step up.
- Get the ball to Marcel Maddee’. He has 13 of the Peacocks’ 35 points this season, including four goals and five assists. If the Peacocks wish to score, they should get the ball to his foot.
- Look to play spoiler. Quinnipiac expects to win this game. St. Peter’s can try to sneak this one by a Quinnipiac team high on emotions from Senior Day. If the Peacocks play right and maintain possession, they can grab their second MAAC win of the season.