Morey Hershgordon and Connor Fortier host this week’s episode of Bobcat Breakdown....
Bobcat Bullets: Men’s basketball and Hampton to take the court Wednesday night
The Quinnipiac men’s basketball team (2-1,0-0 MAAC) returns to the court to take on the Hampton Pirates (2-1,0-0 MEAC) at the TD Bank Sports Center on Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
The Bobcats are coming off a 79-69 victory over last year’s America East Champion, Albany. Hampton is coming off a 79-90 loss to Delaware. Quinnipiac and Hampton meet for the second time in as many years, as the Pirates prevailed last year in Virginia, 70-64. Hampton returns its top five scorers from last year’s campaign.
Keys for Quinnipiac:
- Pound the paint to open up shots for the guards. Once the team establishes an inside game, the defense will sag to help, opening up the guards on the perimeter.
- Limit Hampton’s points in the paint. The team put up 40 points against Delaware in the paint.
- Take what the Pirates give you. Make free throws. Bobcats are shooting 67 percent from the strip and Hampton’s opponents have shot an average of 31 free throws this season.
Keys for Hampton:
- Slow down Umar Shannon and Kasim Chandler, who both average 14 points per game.
- Limit second-chance points for Quinnipiac. The Bobcats average 14.3 offensive rebounds a game.
- Get out in transition to get easy buckets. Deron Powers will take the outlet and go coast to coast.
Tune in to the game here!
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
By Brian Farrell, QBSN Staff Writer With a little less than 200...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four