The Washington Capitals have drafted Quinnipiac defenseman Chase Priskie in the sixth...
Bobcat Bullets: Field hockey team heads to first MAAC Championship against Robert Morris
After winning its first playoff game in 10 years, Quinnipiac plays Robert Morris in the first MAAC Field Hockey Championship. Quinnipiac rolled to a 5-0 victory over Bryant in the first semifinal game and Robert Morris pulled off the upset beating the No. 1 seed Rider 1-0 at Rider, becoming the first MAAC/NEC team to beat Rider at Ben Cohen field. The two teams meet, trying to claim the MAAC title, on Saturday at 3 p.m.
Keys for Quinnipiac:
- Use the momentum from a dismantling of a strong Bryant team.
- Don’t let the different surface get on their nerves. They didn’t seem to notice a difference and dominated the play for 60 of 70 minutes of play in the semifinal.
- Continue playing strong defense and keeping the quality chances to a minimum.
- Spread out the offense. Danielle Allan (Riverdale, N.J.) was the best offensive player for the Bobcats against Bryant.
- Utilize the tight coverage on Jess Rusin (Garwood, N.J.) and look for outside contributors.
Keys for Robert Morris:
- Use the momentum from beating Rider on its home turf and contain any emotions.
- Take advantage of the field turf and try and beat up on Quinnipiac on a fairly unfamiliar surface.
- Don’t give away too many corners and control the pace of play.
- Take advantage of corners. Quinnipiac has been extremely good on defensive penalty corners.
- Spread the ball out and make the Bobcats’ defense move around. Defensive saves are a specialty of this team and it makes them tough to beat.
Check out the Q30 Sports Update from the MAAC Semifinals:
The Quinnipiac Bobcats have another player joining the pro ranks as graduate Travis...
The word “special” in the Merriam-Webster dictionary is defined as “better, greater,...
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
By Brian Farrell, QBSN Staff Writer With a little less than 200...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four