The Washington Capitals have drafted Quinnipiac defenseman Chase Priskie in the sixth...
Bobcat Bullets: Quinnipiac to face Yale in first game since NCAA Championship
The Quinnipiac Bobcats are riding a nine-game winning streak as the team takes on its local rival, the Yale Bulldogs, in the 12th Annual Heroes Hat Game on Saturday at 7 p.m. This is the first time the teams are meeting since facing off in the NCAA Championship in Pittsburgh back in April, which Yale won 4-0.
Keys for Quinnipiac:
- Kenny Agostino was a threat last year and continues to be this season, registering three assists in five games. The Bobcats need to keep a man on him at all times to hold him from making plays to lead to goals.
- Tommy Fallen scored twice in the Bulldogs’ Friday night win at Princeton. He is their most dangerous player to kick off the season, already have three goals and three assists so the Bobcats need to defend well against him too.
- Sam Anas needs to continue his hot start. He has 14 points in the team’s first 10 games including game-winning goals against Holy Cross two weeks ago. He is the key freshman now that Peter Quenneville is no longer on the team.
Keys for Yale:
- The top line for the Bobcats of the Jones twins and Sam Anas is dangerous. If they can shut down that top line, they can take care of the other dangerous players with some ease like Jordan Samuels-Thomas and Matthew Peca.
- Shoot the puck often. Michael Garteig has two consecutive shutouts and is making save after save. He has only given up 14 goals this season out of a total of 189 shots. He’s bound to let one in soon, especially if he faces more than 20-25 shots.
- Anthony Day has had a good start to the season, getting three goals and three assists in his team’s first six games. He needs to keep this up against the Bobcats, especially since they do not have points coming from the whole roster like the Bobcats have so far this year and also had last season.
Click here to tune in to the game!
The Quinnipiac Bobcats have another player joining the pro ranks as graduate Travis...
The word “special” in the Merriam-Webster dictionary is defined as “better, greater,...
DISCLAIMER: The following audio clip contains explicit language. Cornell coach Mike...
Quinnipiac University’s athletic director, Jack McDonald, emphatically denied today having any...
By Brian Farrell, QBSN Staff Writer With a little less than 200...
Mary Pat Gausz says:
Brian, what an awesome article!! The Gausz h...
Commentary: Enjoy it, Bobcat fans
V. Steele says:
Best wishes. Now get it done Bobcats!...
Former teammates behind opposing benches at the Frozen Four